http://www.organictuscany.org/recipes/wp-content/uploads/baked_tomatoes.jpg 300 530 Shilpa http://organictuscany.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/organictuscanylogo3-300x200.png Shilpa2010-04-28 13:41:292016-07-15 15:29:54Baked Tomatoes Filled with Rice
Baked Tomatoes Filled with Rice
These baked tomatoes are quick, easy and make a great accompaniment to meat and fish dishes.
- 8 medium ripe round tomatoes
- 4 tablespoonfuls of parboiled rice
- 10 basil leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Olive oil, salt, pepper to taste
- Half teaspoonful of sugar
- Cut off the top fifth of the tomatoes, so that you have a cap. Set aside the caps.
- Empty out the flesh of the tomatoes with a spoon. Add this flesh to the basil, salt, pepper, garlic and oil. Mince in a blender and add the raw rice. Mix well.
- Fill the tomatoes up to a little over halfway up. Replace the caps and brush with a little oil and the sugar.
- Place in a baking dish which has a little oil in it and bake for 20-30 minutes at 160 Celsius/ 320 F.
You can only use parboiled rice in this recipe since the grains stay separate. Non parboiled rice will turn into a sticky blob!