http://www.organictuscany.org/recipes/wp-content/uploads/IMG_20171103_105030256.jpg 2340 4160 Shilpa http://organictuscany.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/organictuscanylogo3-300x200.png Shilpa2017-11-03 15:47:572017-11-03 15:47:57Braised fennel, pomegranate and orange
Braised fennel, pomegranate and orange
- 2 medium heads of fennel
- 2 medium oranges
- 1 medium pomegranate
- Olive oil, salt, pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF
- Peel the pomegranate and reserve the seeds in two bowls.
- Squeeze half an orange peel and slice the rest into half-inch slices.
- Discard the green top parts of the fennel but reserve the fronds to garnish.
- Slice the fennel into half-inch slices.
- Arrange the fennel and orange slices in an oiled baling dish, alternating them.
- Pour the orange juice onto the slices and add half the pomegranate seeds, salt and pepper.
- Swirl with more olive oil and bake for 20-30 minutes, until the fennel begins to brown.
- Serve (warm or cold) with the rest of the pomegranate seeds and fronds of fennel to garnish.