http://www.organictuscany.org/recipes/wp-content/uploads/thumb_P1020857_1024.jpg 665 1180 Shilpa http://organictuscany.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/organictuscanylogo3-300x200.png Shilpa2017-11-15 12:41:012017-11-20 09:57:48Buckwheat crepes with ricotta and spinach
Buckwheat crepes with ricotta and spinach
Buckwheat crepes, spinach and ricotta filling
- For 6 people:
- 2 medium eggs
- 180 g (1.5 cups) buckwheat flour
- 100 g (4/5 cup) all purpose flour
- 250 ml (1 cup) whole milk
- 250 ml (1 cup) water
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Butter to grease the pan
For the crepes:
- 1 large bunch spinach
- 1 small onion
- Olive oil
- 200g (4/5 cup) ricotta cheese
- 50g (half cup) parmesan cheese
- Salt, pepper, nutmeg
For the filling:
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, sift the all-purpose flour and, using a wooden spoon, mix with the buckwheat flour and half teaspoon of salt.
- Very gradually add the milk and the water, mixing in very well so as not to form lumps.
- Mix in the olive oil and the beaten eggs.
- Leave the batter covered with film in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Wash the spinach very well (several times). Drain and chop.
- Chop the onion very finely and soften in a tablespoonful of olive oil in a pan. 3 minutes.
- Add the chopped spinach and allow to wilt. Drain off any excess water and allow to cool.
- In a bowl, grate the parmesan and mix well with the ricotta.
- Add the cooled spinach mixture and add salt, pepper and nutmeg.
Now make the filling:
- Take the crepe batter out of the fridge and mix well.
- Melt a little butter in a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat.
- When the pan is hot, place a ladleful of batter in the centre of the pan.
- Tilt the frying pan around immediately to distribute the batter evenly on the entire surface.
- Let it cook for about a minute and as soon as it is golden, turn it over with a spatula, taking care not to break it.
- Cook for a minute or less on the other side, until both sides are browned.
- Make all the crepes and set aside, ready to fill.
- When ready to serve, spread a couple of tablespoonfuls of filling onto each crepe and roll up.
- Warm in an oven at 120ºC/250ºF
When you are ready to make the pancakes: