http://www.organictuscany.org/recipes/wp-content/uploads/ciambelline.jpg 3120 4160 Shilpa http://organictuscany.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/organictuscanylogo3-300x200.png Shilpa2017-11-21 13:00:072017-11-21 13:02:29Ciambelline al vino (Ring-shaped cookies from Lazio)
Ciambelline al vino (Ring-shaped cookies from Lazio)
- 1 cup white, red or sweet wine
- 1 cup sugar and more to decorate
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 900g (8 cups) all purpose flour (approx)
- Anise and ground cinnamon (to taste, 1-2 tsp)
- In a large bowl, mix together the wine, oil and sugar and add the anise.
- Begin to add flour, little by little and mix well, until the dough is soft but not sticky.
- Leave to rest for 10-15 minutes covered with a damp cloth.
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC/350ºF.
- Prepare a bowl with 2 tablespoonfuls of sugar and 1-2 teaspoonfuls of cinnamon.
- Make the rings (something like your thumb and first finger made into a ring), cover with the sugar and cinnamon and place on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper..
- Bake for around 15 minutes on 180ºC/350ºF or until browned.