http://organictuscany.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/organictuscanylogo3-300x200.png 0 0 Shilpa http://organictuscany.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/organictuscanylogo3-300x200.png Shilpa2011-05-14 15:59:112016-07-18 23:00:27Lentil and celeriac salad
Lentil and celeriac salad
A great way to eat lentils when the weather is war. This salad has great bite and a lovely flavour.
- 500g (1 lb) black (beluga) lentils
- 2 bay leaves, a sprig of thyme, a large bunch of parsley and any other seasonal herbs you have.
- 1 head celeriac
- Handful of toasted, chopped hazelnuts
- Cook the lentils in plenty of water, with the bay leaves and thyme, until they are cooked but firm. This will take around 20 minutes but will vary according to your lentils).
- Peel the celeriac and cut into small slivers.
- Add to the lentils when they have been cooking for 10 minutes (the celeriac needs far less cooking time).
- Drain the lentils and celeriac when cooked but firm and leave to cool.
- Chop the large bunch of parsley. Add the hazelnuts and lentils and mix thoroughly.
- Dress with salt, pepper, olive oil, lemon juice and wine vinegar to taste.
If you are a vegetarian, combing grains with pulses such as lentils gives you a complete protein.