http://www.organictuscany.org/recipes/wp-content/uploads/pork.jpg 300 530 Manuela http://organictuscany.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/organictuscanylogo3-300x200.png Manuela2010-02-01 18:33:282016-07-17 05:57:08Herby pork stew
Herby pork stew
The white wine, stock and slow cooking make the pieces of pork really melt in your mouth. Guests on our cooking classes in Tuscany are always delighted to find a simple but delicious stew recipe to take home with them.
- 500 g/1 lb cubed pork (slightly fatty cuts are best for this dish)
- a little flour to coat the pork
- 3 celery
- 1 onions
- sage, a sprig
- 2 bay leaves
- rosemary, a sprig
- 2 cloves garlic
- half a bottle white wine
- 2 sticks of celery
- 2 whole carrots
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves
- 2 bouillon cubes
For the vegetable stock
- Put the pork into a large bowl and coat the pieces very lightly with the flour.
- Chop the onion, celery, garlic and herbs finely and sauté in olive oil until softened.
- Add the pork and fry until the meat is browned.
- Add the white wine to almost cover.
- Evaporate off the wine on a medium heat.
- Cook slowly in vegetable stock to cover, adding more stock gradually if needed, for at least an hour and a half.
- Boil (for at least 1 hour) the celery, carrots, bouillon cubes, and an onion with cloves studded into it, into 1 litre (2 pints) of water.