|Print friendly recipe|
The most refreshing of winter salads, this sounds a little odd, but is wonderful!
Prep time: 15 mins | Total time: 15 mins | Servings: 6
For 4 people as an accompaniment
- 3 oranges
- 1 large (or 2 small) fennel bulbs
- 15 black olives (kalamata or similar)
- Peel the oranges, making sure that no pith (white part) is left. Cut into thin slices and place on a serving dish.
- With a mandolin, slice the fennel bulb very finely on top of the orange slices.
- Decorate with the olives.
- Dress with salt and olive oil.
NotesBest made just before serving (the fennel tends to go dry).
Sicilian orange and fennel salad,