http://www.organictuscany.org/recipes/wp-content/uploads/asparagus-sauce.jpg 300 530 Riccardo http://organictuscany.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/organictuscanylogo3-300x200.png Riccardo2008-04-29 15:45:062016-07-10 09:13:22Spring vegetable pasta
Spring vegetable pasta
This is a light pasta dressing made with the freshest Spring vegetables
- 2 medium artichokes
- 500g/1 lb fava beans
- 500g fresh peas in their pods
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped parsley
- Prepare a small bowl of water with half a lemon squeezed into it.
- Prepare the artichokes by stripping off the outer leaves until you get to the tender part, cutting off any spiky tips and peeling off any dark green at the base. Put into the lemon water to prevent oxidation.
- Clean the fava beans (discard the pods and the outer skin of each bean) and shell the peas.
- Cut the artichoke into fine pieces and put in a pan with a good swirl of olive oil.
- Cook on a low-medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the shelled fava beans peas and onion and continue to cook on a low flame for a further 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until all is tender (careful not to burnt he onion, add some vegetable stock if necessary). Turn off the heat and add the parsley.
- Add salt and pepper and then a good swirl of extra virgin olive oil when tossing with the pasta.