|Print friendly recipe|
Try this and it may well become your favourite baked cheesecake recipe! In any case it will be very different from any cheesecake you have had in the past.
Prep time: 20 min | Total time: 1 hour | Servings:
- 300 g/10 oz. Graham crackers (US)/Rich Tea (UK) biscuits or similar
- 100 g butter, at room temperature
- 250 g (8 oz) Quark cheese or similar (e.g. creamy crème fraîche – not too runny)
- 250 g (8 oz) Ricotta
- 250 g (8 oz) Greek yogurt or similar (creamy – not too runny)
- A little whipped cream, if necessary
- 150 g sugar
- 3 eggs
- Small jar good fruit jam/jelly
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F)
- Line an ovenproof tart dish (30 cm/12 in approx) with baking paper.
- In a bowl, crumble the Graham crackers into small pieces (you can use a food processor) and work in the butter with your hands.
- Press this base mixture into your ovenproof dish, packing it in well.
- Separate the eggs and reserve the whites.
- Add the sugar to the yolks and beat well. Add the ricotta, quark and yogurt.
- Whip the egg whites to stiff peaks, and fold into the cheese mixture carefully.
- If the mixture seems very solid, fold in a little whipped cream (100 ml/3 oz)
- Spread this mixture on top of the base, smoothing the surface.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes at 180°C (350°F)
- When you can tap on the door of the oven and the cheese mixture does not move, it is set. Switch off the oven. You can leave the cake inside for another half an hour to set further, or take it out of the oven to cool, if you prefer it softer.
- When the cake has cooled a little, warm the jam/jelly in a saucepan until it is liquid. With a spatula, apply it to the surface of the cake.
- Leave to cool.