Shilpa http://organictuscany.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/organictuscanylogo3-300x200.png Shilpa2015-10-01 10:41:342016-07-17 16:06:20Aubergine (Eggplant) Caviar with lemon and yogurt
Aubergine (Eggplant) Caviar with lemon and yogurt
This eggplant caviar is fresh and lemony. A little cumin gives it a hint of the Middle East.
- 4 large globe eggplants (aubergines) - around 1 kg (2lb) in weight in total
- Garlic, 1 peeled clove
- Juice of half a lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil, 4 tablespoons
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 150g/2/3 cup creamy yogurt (Greek if possible)
- A little paprika to decorate
- Toasted bread, thinly sliced.
- Pre-heat your oven to 250º C (475º F)
- Make holes in the eggplant with a fork and place on a baking tray to roast.
- After 20 minutes roasting, begin to test with a fork to see if they are cooked. Depending on their size, the flesh will be cooked and soft in 20-35 minutes.
- Cut the eggplants in half lengthways and scoop out the flesh with a spoon.
- Put this in a container and blend (with an immersion blender) with the lemon juice, cumin, garlic and a good pinch of salt.
- Stir the yogurt into this mixture well.
- Stir the olive oil through this. Put into a serving dish and decorate with a sprinkling of paprika.