Manuela http://organictuscany.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/organictuscanylogo3-300x200.png Manuela2010-01-02 15:52:592016-07-15 23:39:10Cecina - Baked chickpea pancake
<strong>Cecina </strong><br />Baked chickpea pancake
There are versions of this all the way up to the French Riviera. In Livorno (Leghorn) it is served as an energy-packed sandwich.
- 400 g (14 oz) gram (chick pea) flour
- 800 g (27 fl oz) water
- 1 tsp salt
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil.
- Pre-heat the oven to a high temperature (250° C/480°F).
- Sift the gram flour.
- Mix the water, flour, salt and oil well, taking care to avoid any lumps. Be sure to add enough oil and salt, or it will end up dry and bland.
- Filter the mixture and pour into a oiled pan (e.g., two 30 x 30 cm oven trays). Or use greaseproof paper. Works best if poured thin, like thick crepes, or thin pancakes.
- Cook in the oven, turning on the grill, and placing the cecina close to the grill. Burst with a knife any bubble that may form.
- Remove from the oven when golden brown (almost burnt in spots) ~6-10 min.
- Slice into pieces and serve immediately. Add lots of olive oil and pepper.