Tina http://organictuscany.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/organictuscanylogo3-300x200.png Tina2010-01-03 06:59:392016-07-19 06:20:36Pollo ai semi di finocchio
<strong>Pollo ai semi di finocchio </strong><br />Chicken with fennel seeds
An aromatic, original twist on a simple dish.
- 1 medium, cleaned chicken (1.2 kg/2.5 lb approx)
- 200g (7 oz) pancetta strips
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- Plenty of chopped sage, parsley and rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, ground
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/400°F
- Mix together the garlic, fresh herbs and fennel. Add salt and pepper.
- Stuff the chicken with this mixture and tie up.
- Cover the breast of the bird with pancetta to help it dry out less.
- Add salt and pepper to the outside of the chicken too, and a splash of olive oil.
- Roast in the preheated oven at 200°C/400°F for approximately an hour.
Chicken with fennel seeds