https://www.organictuscany.org/recipes/wp-content/uploads/IMG_20180202_132455394.jpg 3120 4160 Shilpa http://organictuscany.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/organictuscanylogo3-300x200.png Shilpa2018-02-02 21:01:202018-02-02 21:01:20Creamy artichoke soup
Creamy artichoke soup
Creamy Artichoke Soup
- 3 to 4 medium artichokes
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 pint vegetable stock, warm
- 1 cup milk
- Olive oil, salt, pepper
- Handful of toasted hazelnuts and/or almonds
- Juice of 1 lemon for artichoke preparation
- Prepare a bowl of cold water with the juice of a lemon in it.
- Prepare the artichokes by removing the tough outer leaves, paring the stalks and cutting so that you have a cone shape at the tip of the artichoke. Cut in half, remove the hairy choke if there is one and reserve the artichoke halves in your bowl of water and lemon to prevent blackening. When the artichokes are all trimmed, cut each artichoke half into three pieces.
- In a heavy-bottomed pot, warm the artichokes in a good swirl of olive oil.
- Cook for a couple of minutes on a medium heat.
- Add the garlic and potatoes. Add salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add the warm stock and cook on a simmer for 20 minutes, until the potatoes and the artichokes are soft.
- Use a hand blender or food processor to blend, adding the milk little by little.
- Warm through when you are ready to serve.
- Serve with a swirl of good olive oil and a sprinkling of the toasted nuts.