https://www.organictuscany.org/recipes/wp-content/uploads/IMG_20180118_121304917.jpg 3120 4160 Shilpa http://organictuscany.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/organictuscanylogo3-300x200.png Shilpa2018-01-18 14:51:142018-01-18 14:51:14Crunchy brussels sprouts with hazelnuts
Crunchy brussels sprouts with hazelnuts
- 900 g (1 pound) brussels sprouts
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 150 g (1 cup) whole hazulnuts (peeled or unpeeled)
- 1 small dried chili pepper
- Pinch of brown sugar
- Olive oil, salt, lemon juice
- It is important to prepare the brussels sprouts well: wash, remove an out leaf or two and any excess stalk.
- Cut each sprout in half, and cut any much larger sprouts into quarters.
- In a large, heavy-bottomed pan, heat up the chopped onion in a generous swirl of olive oil, adding the chili pepper, crumbled.
- When the onion has softened, add the brussels sprouts. The onion will caramelise as you cook them.
- Cook on a high heat, tossing to prevent them burning (but you do want them to brown on some sides). 1 minute.
- Add the hazelnuts and a pinch of brown sugar. Continue to cook and stir. 1 minute approx.
- Switch off the heat when the sprouts are cooked through but still crunchy.
- Serve with lemon juice squeezed on top.