https://www.organictuscany.org/recipes/wp-content/uploads/eggplant_croquettes.jpg 300 530 Manuela http://organictuscany.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/organictuscanylogo3-300x200.png Manuela2010-03-14 11:43:152016-07-16 10:50:16Eggplant /Aubergine Croquettes
Eggplant /Aubergine Croquettes
One of the most delicious things invented! Best fried just before you serve them, but they are fine at room temperature too if it’s a hot day. These go quickly when we make them at our cooking school in Tuscany!
- 4 aubergines/eggplants
- 200g (7oz) breadcrumbs
- 1 medium potato, steamed and mashed
- 60g (2 oz) ricotta cheese
- 30g (1 oz) Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 eggs
- parsley, bunch, chopped finely
- garlic, 2 cloves, chopped finely
- oil for frying
- Preheat your oven to the highest temperature.
- Make lengthwise slits in the aubergines and bake for 45 minutes to an hour, until they feel soft inside. Leave to cool.
- Peel the aubergines and squeeze the water out of them well using a dishtowel. Chop finely.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. If the consistency seems too soft to form croquettes, add more breadcrumbs.
- Form croquettes (either spherical or cylindrical) and roll in more breadcrumbs.
- Shallow fry in hot oil until golden brown.