Shilpa http://organictuscany.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/organictuscanylogo3-300x200.png Shilpa2010-01-02 16:37:242016-07-17 17:46:20Fennel gratin
A simple yet delicious way to prepare this nutritious and aromatic vegetable.
- 4 large fennel bulbs
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 70 g/2 oz butter
- Wash and trim the fennel, reserving the dark green fronds. Cut the fennel into pieces the size of an egg (more or less...)
- Steam the fennel for a few minutes, until tender but not mushy.
- Arrange the fennel pieces in an ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, the fennel seeds, breadcrumbs and parmesan.
- Decorate with the fennel fronds.
- Grill for 8-12 minutes, or until browned on top.