https://www.organictuscany.org/recipes/wp-content/uploads/fiori_fritti1.jpg 300 530 Manuela http://organictuscany.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/organictuscanylogo3-300x200.png Manuela2010-03-12 23:12:532016-07-14 10:24:46Fried Zucchini Blossoms
Fried Zucchini Blossoms
This is a dish to be made and savoured immediately. You can even make it as a pre-dinner nibble while you finish cooking something time-consuming with friends.
- 10 large zucchini blossoms
- 1 cow's milk mozzarella (125g/4 oz)
- A few basil leaves
- 3 tablesppoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 100 ml/3 oz beer
- Pinch of salt
For the batter
- In a large bowl, beat the egg with the flour. Add the salt.
- Add the beer gradually and beat well to obtain a homogeneous, quite liquid batter.
- Take out the stamen from the flowers. Fill with pieces of mozzarella and basil.
- Put plenty of oil (to deep fry) in a frying pan to heat.
- When the oil is hot, take one flower at a time, dip in the batter and fry until golden.
- Serve immediately!.