https://www.organictuscany.org/recipes/wp-content/uploads/guinea-fowl.jpg 300 530 Riccardo http://organictuscany.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/organictuscanylogo3-300x200.png Riccardo2010-09-27 10:57:162016-07-16 22:34:27Guinea Fowl with Walnuts and Grape Juice
Guinea Fowl with Walnuts and Grape Juice
This is a great dish for the autumn, with the nuts adding texture and the just-harvested grapes adding a smooth sweetness.
- One large guinea fowl, cut into eight pices (ask your butcher to do this)
- A glass of white wine
- 100 g (1 cup) walnuts
- 50g (half cup) pine nuts
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- Medium bunch of grapes (around 500g/1 lb)
- Half litre/1 pint vegetable stock (may not be needed depending on juiciness of everything else)
- In four tablespoonfuls of olive oil, brown the guinea fowl, turning well so that it is evenly browned all over.
- Add the glass of white wine and evaporate off.
- Add the pine nuts and walnuts, bay leaf and fennel seeds. Stir well and lower the heat so as not to burn the nuts.
- In a bowl, squeeze out the grape juice from the grapes with your hands and strain the juice.
- Add the grape juice to the guinea fowl and cook down on a medium flame for 20-30 minutes, until the guinea fowl is cooked (test with a fork) and you have a nice coating of sauce.