Manuela http://organictuscany.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/organictuscanylogo3-300x200.png Manuela2010-01-02 18:27:582016-07-12 11:28:11Polpettine di patate
<strong>Polpettine di patate </strong><br />Tuscan potato croquettes
The flavours of the nutmeg, garlic and parsley really stand out in this simple peasant side dish/appetizer.
- 4 large potatoes
- 2 eggs
- parsley, chopped, half a cup
- garlic, finely chopped, 2 cloves
- olive oil for shallow frying
- Boil the potatoes in their skins.
- When they are soft, allow them to cool a little, peel and mash (preferably with a potato ricer - the result is very fine and fluffy)
- Add salt, pepper, plenty of nutmeg, the parsley and garlic and the eggs.
- Mix together well.
- Add enough breadcrumbs to the mixture to obtain a firm yet malleable texture.
- With your hands, form balls (golf-ball size is fine) or cylinder shapes.
- Roll the balls in breadcrumbs.
- Fry lightly in hot oil until golden. Serve immediately.
Tuscan potato croquettes