https://www.organictuscany.org/recipes/wp-content/uploads/insalata-siciliana.jpg 300 530 Shilpa http://organictuscany.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/organictuscanylogo3-300x200.png Shilpa2010-01-25 05:20:372016-07-17 23:10:54Sicilian orange and fennel salad
Sicilian orange and fennel salad
The most refreshing of winter salads, this sounds a little odd, but is wonderful!
- 3 oranges
- 1 large (or 2 small) fennel bulbs
- 15 black olives (kalamata or similar)
For 4 people as an accompaniment
- Peel the oranges, making sure that no pith (white part) is left. Cut into thin slices and place on a serving dish.
- With a mandolin, slice the fennel bulb very finely on top of the orange slices.
- Decorate with the olives.
- Dress with salt and olive oil.
Best made just before serving (the fennel tends to go dry).