https://www.organictuscany.org/recipes/wp-content/uploads/stuffed-zucchini.jpg 300 530 Shilpa http://organictuscany.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/organictuscanylogo3-300x200.png Shilpa2010-07-23 13:04:362016-07-13 06:41:17Stuffed Round Zucchini/Courgettes
Stuffed Round Zucchini/Courgettes
This recipe looks particularly good made with the cute round zucchini, but is equally tasty made with the long variety. Remember to be careful to reduce cooking times if your zucchini are small.
- 10 small round zucchini/courgettes
- 1 egg
- half a cup of breadcrumbs
- 100 g (3 oz) Seitan (wheat protein), minced in a food processor
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- small bunch parsley, chopped
- vegetable stock (or water)
- Carefully cut the top off each of the zucchini (half an inch down) and scoop half the flesh out of them. Chop this flesh.
- Combine the chopped zucchini flesh and the rest of the ingredients, adding salt and pepper.
- Fill the zucchini and dip the filled ends in breadcrumbs. .
- Fry gently in very little oil on all sides to brown, then add a little vegetable stock and cover.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes, checking the level of the liquid and add more when it evaporates. The zucchini should be tender but not losing their shape.
- You can make croquettes from the leftover filling to serve with the zucchini. Just form balls, roll in breadcrumbs and cook with the zucchini in the last 5 minutes of cooking time.